Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TWENTY-ONE
“Take Your Mark!”


I conquered yet another feat in life.
It felt great.
And now, I’ve got the next phase to triumph over.

That will require a slight more time.
And luck.
And perseverance.
Perhaps. Perhaps. Perhaps.
The overwhelming desire to hold on to reality.
Diminishes.
Slowly and unknowingly,
I lose grip on the edge of the abyss.

Somebody save me.

I may not gleam like the rest.
But I am sure there will be a stage where I can shine.
Many times I blame myself.
For the wrong choice made.
For if I had opted the otherwise years back,
Where would I be today?

Instead of wasting time sulking over regrets.
I decided to walk on bravely.
Though weariness is starting to pin me down.
The fog is beginning to descend on the path ahead.
I have to finish.
I want to cross the finishing line.
So what if I came in last?
I may have lost the race.
But I am the victor over of my own weaknesses.
The race is against myself.
It belongs to me.

No regrets this time.

I chose this story,
I will live through it.

C’mon Jasmine, you can do it.


Till then.

No comments: