Wednesday, December 31, 2008

TWENTY-SIX
Two Thousand Eight

There are things we decided to let loose.
Unknowingly, they have returned to haunt our peace.
As the expired time slowly crept away
It left behind traces of beautiful moments
A brand new year brings brand new hopes

I secretly wished some things would never change, like the love we share.


January was the month of spring birth where new hopes blossomed and bad karma fades. I believed so. I stenciled the first flower on 4 Jan. Just like the tattoo on my lower back; it shall be part of me.

At last, I killed the procrastinator who was living in me for years. I took my first step and registered for a place. The first step to realising changes.

For someone who meant the whole world to me, I would do anything for her. As I stood watch by her side, I knew that was the greatest comfort she could get. The fear she thought was intimidating became insignificant.

My trip to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. A city of simplicity living in silence, as though afraid of the awakening light. The hidden liveliness ducked itself in the expired warmth of yesterday, seemingly afraid to reach out to tomorrow.

The ugly reality has settled in. The ugliest I must say. I had this sudden feeling I may lose her touch anytime. The embrace and smile that once felt and looked so warm has now drifted slowly away from me. I no longer feel the hug that brought me nostalgia. What was left was a frosty touch with the smile that no longer speaks of tomorrow.

I lived through my varsity years. I have done myself proud. Though to be listed in the highest honoury, the title was deemed pale in comparison to others. Nevertheless, I have done myself proud. Real proud. At least, I could say, I have given my best shot. Did I mention? I have obtained the license to my freedom.

I earned my place in somewhere decent where respect is their native language. Goods news is always short lived. My tomorrow is uncertain, like the fluctuating prices on the daily stock markets.

There are things I started to hold on tight to and secretly wish it could be my only companion for the road ahead.

Happy 2009!!!


Till then.

No comments: