TWENTY-THREE
November’s Secret
November’s Secret
Luxuriated in the sensuous feel of his silk shirt
As we weave olden dances under the November twilight
November has slowly crept in, leaving behind the trails of expired seconds. I woke up from the dream, the dream of forever. I thought I could lock myself in time and that no one would unearth me. Unknowingly, I was trapped under the delusion that October will never end. The end brings a new beginning. Of what we will never know, till we tread on. I never really want to know what waits at the other side. I was never ready to. Perhaps I was just too afraid to start the search of yet another phase.
Now that November is here, I could only brave myself forward till I find my place of destiny. What if I don’t have the courage to even look ahead? What if I prefer to live in past memories, thinking they are my present and future? What if no one finds me? Time has a game for the fools. I said that once. It has got everyone begging at its knees to slow down its pace. Really, how many what-ifs can I afford to ask this lifetime?
I reached out to touch reality. It felt like cotton candy, like those at the amusement park. Sweet and delicate. If only reality tasted the same.
Luck prevails over justice. Do you agree? They had an easy way out, thinking it was just another big merry-go-round. They had their free rides and cotton candy cones. From now, they shall not appear before me. Far away from where my sight could not hold. Why should they be put on the same level as the rest of us? If we never question why, we will always be taken as fools. However, I have learnt to take easy on many things. Learn of it or make a joke out of it.
November has a big secret to tell. No one knows.
And I would rather keep it as that.
Till then.
No comments:
Post a Comment